Re: unable to dump database, toast errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unable to dump database, toast errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Lonni Friedman <lfriedman@vasoftware.com> writes:
> So, i took down the DB, started it in standalone, and ran:
> reindex INDEX pg_toast_302323_idx

For a user table you didn't really need to take down the DB.

> but according to the REINDEX dox, i should see a 'REINDEX' if all is
> well, and i never do, i'm just dumped back to another backend> prompt.

That is a user-interface detail that is correct when running psql,
but I don't think a standalone backend bothers with such fine points.
If it didn't spit up an error message then it was happy.

The real question is did pg_dump get any better after you did this?

            regards, tom lane