Re: Is is worth organising a "PostgreSQL Newsletter"? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Is is worth organising a "PostgreSQL Newsletter"?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Justin,
>
> > Not sure where Neil want to do it, but am intent on adding Wiki
> > facilities to the Techdocs site, and it might be a better centralised
> > place for it.
>
> Can someone explain to me what, exactly, is a "wiki"?

It's a collaborative infrastructure such that if you visit the page and
(for example) notice a typo, you can click the "Edit" button and fix the
typo yourself.  Or add a new page.  Or extend someone elses article.  Or
a bunch of people can all work on a "PostgreSQL Tuning Guide", etc.

Am new to Wiki's myself, but they seem to be *extremely* beneficial when
implemented correctly (i.e. authorised users, etc).

Just has to be done properly (like anything).

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --