Re: Wikis - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From elein
Subject Re: Wikis
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
The last wiki I worked with was TWIKI.  It was pretty good,
easy to use, etc.  I recommend it.  I've also worked with
wikiwiki but that was a while ago.

One comment on wikis--they should never be confused with
published documentation.  Either they are completely the
published documentation or they are the place to *talk* about
the documentation.  Scattering "official" information is a hazard with
wikis.  This is from experience.  I have used wikis both for
The Documentation and as an adjunct to documentation.  It is just
important to make the distinction.  People will update the wiki
and forget to propagate the info the the official docs.  This is
a social, not a technical problem, though.

elein
elein@norcov.com