Can't write lock file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From MT
Subject Can't write lock file
Date
Re: Can't write lock file  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Re: Can't write lock file  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Here are the results of

df /tmp/
/dev/hdc6               253840    243504         0 100% /

df -i /tmp/
Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/hdc6              65792   24415   41377   38% /

The above information seems to me contradictory in that df /tmp reports
that 100% of my 1k-blocks are used, while df -i /tmp/ reports that only
38% of inodes are used. I don't know what to make of this. Nor am I sure
if this is why I can't use postgres. Nor why this problem has occured in
the first place.

Totally in the dark,

Mark