Sequence name length - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rudi Starcevic
Subject Sequence name length
Date
Re: Sequence name length  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

Just a quick one on the length of the name of a sequence.

I have some table with long(ish) names like :     eselect_maincategory
The primary key is named :     maincat_id

When I create the table the sequence sql  looks like
nextval('"eselect_maincategory_maincat_id_seq"'::text)

However the sequence created is named :
eselect_maincategory_maincat_id     ( the '_seq' is lopped off )

This looke like a max of 31 characters.

Is a sequence name length limited to 31 characters or is it the tool I'm
using - phpPgAdmin, I wonder ?

Your time and thoughts are very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Rudi Starcevic.