Re: Sequence name length - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Sequence name length
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Rudi,

Unless you redefine it before compiling, postgres has a built-in limit of 31
characters for names.  Increasing this has a performance penalty, but it
might happen for 7.3 due to some improvements in the performance area.

BTW, the best way to do a sequence primary key is lik ethis:

create table blah (maincat_id SERIAL
);

Chris