Re: troubleshooting pointers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: troubleshooting pointers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Um, that's probably not it then.  Rescan would only come into play for
> a plan node that's being used as the inside of a join, or some other
> contexts more complicated than this.  A simple view ought to make no
> difference at all in the generated plan --- perhaps there's some bit
> of the planner that you missed teaching about function RTEs or
> FunctionScan plan nodes?
>
> Anyway, I plan to review and apply your patch today, if I don't run
> into any major problems.  Will look to see if I see a reason for the
> view trouble.

(Sorry for the slow response -- been out all day)

Actually I found late last night that when the view is used, the RTE is
a RangeVar, so the RangeFunction code never gets executed. So I think
your comment above is right on. That may well explain both problems.
I'll start looking again tonight.

Thanks,

Joe