Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Steve Slatcher wrote:

> I am not sure how relevant it is to this forum, but because it has come up a

    Indeed, I just forgot this is for people who have already decided to
run PostgreSQL on CygWin.

> couple of times....  It is because there *may* be a requirement to run Windows
> apps on the same machine.  And because the staff supporting it are more

    A machine capable of running GNU/Linux or *BSD is cheap enough, and
MS Windows is bad enough at multiprogramming for one to avoid it
altogether for DBMSs.  I see no possible compelling reasons for
denying PostgreSQL a POSIX OS.

> the background for my question.  My current feeling is that there probably
> *are* better solutions than Cygwin/PostrgreSQL.

    If you're really married to MS Windows, I think Interbase and
Firebird have w32 native versions.  You may want to check if SAPdb
also do.

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93