Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
I have no experience of production systems on Windows but I noted somewhere
in this column recently someone ran into a 62  concurrent session maximum
down to some bug or limit in Cygwin, which you might want to look into, if
you expect high simultaneous hit rate onto the postmaster...

At 11:28 05/04/2002 +0100, Steve Slatcher wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Would anyone share experiences and/or thoughts about the use of PostgreSQL
>on Cygwin in a production environment ?  Leaving aside, for now at least,
>why I
>would want to do it!
>
>I am aware that it does not install as Windows sysadmins might expect, but
>was wondering about issues like performace and reliability cf other platforms.
>
>Steve Slatcher

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk