Re: table permissions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Re: table permissions
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have 3 users in the database: postgres, oleg, and boss. boss is the superuser and has permissions to modify both
originaland referenced table.

However, when I am logged in as boss, it won't let me modify the original ('set') table unless user oleg (!!!!) has
updatepermissions on the

referenced table ('activity'). Now I understand that I didn't have this problem before, because I just recently created
thissuperuser boss.

Another thing, I just noticed is that the tables I mentioned do not have permissions defined for user postgres. All the
othertables in my database

do have those permissions set. Can this be the cause of the problem?
thanks,

Oleg

Aasmund Midttun Godal wrote:

> The problem is that updating/inserting/deleting a row which references another table requires all permissions on that
table.This has been fixed.