Re: table permissions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aasmund Midttun Godal
Subject Re: table permissions
Date
List pgsql-sql
I don't really know a lot about these issues. However another problem I used to have (I have just avoided it for the
timebeing, and I am getting back to it!) is corrupted users, have you messed around with pg_hba.conf? perhaps it is a
problemwith this.

I apologize, but I don't really know. Hope someone else can help you!

Regards,

Aasmund.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:00:42 -0700, Oleg Lebedev <olebedev@waterford.org> wrote:
> I have 3 users in the database: postgres, oleg, and boss. boss is the superuser and has permissions to modify both
originaland referenced table.

> However, when I am logged in as boss, it won't let me modify the original ('set') table unless user oleg (!!!!) has
updatepermissions on the

> referenced table ('activity'). Now I understand that I didn't have this problem before, because I just recently
createdthis superuser boss.

> Another thing, I just noticed is that the tables I mentioned do not have permissions defined for user postgres. All
theother tables in my database

> do have those permissions set. Can this be the cause of the problem?
> thanks,
>
> Oleg
>
> Aasmund Midttun Godal wrote:

Aasmund Midttun Godal