make check For Extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject make check For Extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

Andres said during the unconference last month that there was a way to get `make check` to work with PGXS. The idea is
thatit would initialize a temporary cluster, start it on an open port, install an extension, and run the extension's
testsuite. I think the pg_regress --temp-install, maybe? I poked through the PGXS makefiles, and although it looks like
there*might* be something like this for in-core contrib extensions, but not for externally-distributed extensions.

Is there something I could add to my extension Makefiles so that `make check` or `make test` will do a pre-install test
ona temporary cluster?

Thanks,

David