Re: Dump/Transfer Sequence Problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Re: Dump/Transfer Sequence Problems
Date
List pgsql-general
>> I am using Navicat to transfer data from one database to another.
>> But it soon gives me an error message like the following:
>
> I think you'll probably have to ask the navicat people.
>
> If you want to use pg_dump to transfer data from 8.1 to 8.2 though,
> use the version of pg_dump that ships with 8.2.

Ok, tried that.... Not yet mentioned is the fact that I am trying to
import postgis tables (tables with geographic parameter).

But I get this:

pg_restore: restoring data for table "admin01"
pg_restore: restoring data for table "boundaries_national"
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputCopyData: server
closed the connection unexpectedly
    before or while processing the request.
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

The log (where can I change the parameters?) says this:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pg_restore" at character 1
STATEMENT:  pg_restore -U ss_admin -d geodataportal -v /Users/
schwarzer/Temp/pg_dump.gridca.2008-04-10.gis.c.sql

There again, when I look into the dump file, it seems that it doesn't
include any statement to create the sequence...

Thanks for any hints,

Stef