Re: Books on PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: Books on PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ian Harding wrote:

> I just got my copy of the programmers guide yesterday.

> It is a printed copy of the document of the same name available online.

> It is worth the money because you can read it in the bathroom, and because

> hopefully Thomas Lochart (sic) gets some money.  I found myself being

> frustrated looking at a flashing screen when looking for information, but

> find a real book to be easier to use.  It is already a little out of date,

> but that is a fact of life with printed materials.

I have a Sony Vaio Picturebook... I hope that this does not discourage
any writers but at 1 kg it is the weight of a book and yes you can take
it to the loo (english for bathroom, bog...).

For reading e-books a tool to rotate the screen would be nice. The
e-book reader for windows does it. I'll have to read the XFree docs to
see if my neomagic card does this in X too.

I will have Acrobat 5 in the next few days. If you are interested maybe
it would be worth while to convert the .ps docs to e-book format?

Off home - temperature is back up over 30° again so time for a beer or two.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S