Re: Books on PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: Books on PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
I just got my copy of the programmers guide yesterday.  It is a printed copy of the document of the same name available
online. It is worth the money because you can read it in the bathroom, and because hopefully Thomas Lochart (sic) gets
somemoney.  I found myself being frustrated looking at a flashing screen when looking for information, but find a real
bookto be easier to use.  It is already a little out of date, but that is a fact of life with printed materials.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: ianh@tpchd.org

>>> "Alessandro Bottoni" <abottoni@quadrante.com> 06/27/01 03:05AM >>>
Does anybody know either one of these books?

PostgreSQL
By Jeff Perkins
Published by Prima Publishing
ISBN: 0761524444

PosgreSQL programmer's guide
by Thomas Lockhart
Published by iUniverse.com
ISBN: 0595149170

Can anybody give me his/her opinion on them?

Any other suggestion for a good book on PostgreSQL's System Administration
and/or programming?
(of course, I already have the Momjian's one)

Many thanks in advance

Alessandro Bottoni
Quadrante SRL
Piazza Galileo, 6