Perl-module: Pg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ludwig Meyerhoff
Subject Perl-module: Pg
Date
Re: Perl-module: Pg  (Alex Knight <knight@phunc.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hallo!

I have a problem. I made an update of my Debian system (meanwhile
"Woody"/testing), and my perl-CGIs do not work any more.
psql, pgaccess work quite fine, but the CGIs (using the "Pg" module) do
not work. On "$conn->errorMessage" I get a "There is no connection to the
backend" ...
Few days ago everything worked fine.

I already tried to install the module again by "perl -MCPAN -e
shell; install Pg", but that did not help, this is the result:

cpan> install Pg
Running install for module Pg
Running make for M/ME/MERGL/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz
CPAN: MD5 loaded ok
Checksum for
/root/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/ME/MERGL/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz ok
Scanning cache /root/.cpan/build for sizes
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/eg/
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/eg/ApachePg.pl
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/eg/example.pl
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/eg/lo_demo.pl
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/Changes
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/MANIFEST
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/Makefile.PL
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/Pg.pm
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/Pg.xs
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/README
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/test.pl
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/typemap
Removing previously used /root/.cpan/build/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0

  CPAN.pm: Going to build M/ME/MERGL/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz

Configuring Pg
Remember to actually read the README file !
please set environment variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB !
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

cpan>

How can I solve that problem?

Ludwig