Re: Installation on SGI IRIX 6.5.10 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Re: Installation on SGI IRIX 6.5.10
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > #if _XOPEN4UX || defined(_BSD_TYPES) || defined(_BSD_COMPAT)
>
> Next thought is that maybe none of these control symbols are defined
> by default --- could you look into that possibility?  Perhaps some
> compiler switches or #defines are needed to get IRIX to allow
> "struct timeval"?
>

>                         regards, tom lane

In xact.c, I added:

#define _BSD_COMPAT 1

before

#include <sys/time.h>

It seems to get through that part of the compilation okay now. I'm not
sure if that will break anything else but it seems minor.

There's a new problem with async.c:

cc-1515 cc: ERROR File = async.c, Line = 172 A value of type "int" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "char
*".
               notifyName = strdup(relname);                          ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "async.c".
gmake[3]: *** [async.o] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.1/src/backend/commands'
gmake[2]: *** [commands-recursive] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.1/src/backend'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.1/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like I just need to change the code to explicitly cast the
variable.

-Tony