Re: Installation on SGI IRIX 6.5.10 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Re: Installation on SGI IRIX 6.5.10
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Evidently IRIX also considers strdup() to be nonstandard :-(
>
> It's hard to believe that SGI is quite this braindead.  I think there is
> something broken about configure on your setup.  Can't tell what from
> here --- suggest you call in some IRIX gurus.

Yep. So goes SGI. I can't figure out why this error is showing up. When I
looked at the man page for strdup:

char *strdup (const char *s1);

which is how it looks to be used in async.c. I simply added a specific
type-cast:

notifyName = (char *) strdup(relname);

and it compiled async.c fine (of course, now I'll have to go through some
of the other files that also have strdup and change them).

I'm going to see if the SGI technical support considers this a bug or not.

-Tony