Re: Installation on SGI IRIX 6.5.10 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Installation on SGI IRIX 6.5.10
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"G. Anthony Reina" <reina@nsi.edu> writes:
> There's a new problem with async.c:

> cc-1515 cc: ERROR File = async.c, Line = 172
>   A value of type "int" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "char
> *".

>                 notifyName = strdup(relname);
>                            ^

Evidently IRIX also considers strdup() to be nonstandard :-(

It's hard to believe that SGI is quite this braindead.  I think there is
something broken about configure on your setup.  Can't tell what from
here --- suggest you call in some IRIX gurus.