Re: Fast Forward (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Fast Forward (fwd)
Date
Re: Fast Forward (fwd)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Not that it shouldn't be fixed.  I just don't get worked up over it.

Well, in a way I regret bringing it to the attention of the community --
just in a small way.

But at the same time I realized that I was not the right one at that
time to craft a reply -- after all, I'm a Baptist preacher.  And we tend
towards the 'getting worked up' side of things.  So I've learned that
there are times I shouldn't post at all.  Although, that's been a long
hard learning experience, one that I am still, to use my wife's
charitable words, 'gaining mastery of.'

It should be fixed.  But community members need a levelheaded response
to a likely honest omission of facts.  I may very well do so, tomorrow.
One of the worst facets of the Linux community, for example, is its
often predatoryform of 'advocacy' -- this group is more civil than that,
IMHO.

She likely is off for the weekend, and hasn't read any responses yet.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio