Migration - Linux/pgSQL/PHP (type,version) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steven Vajdic
Subject Migration - Linux/pgSQL/PHP (type,version)
Date
Re: Migration - Linux/pgSQL/PHP (type,version)  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear experts,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated:

1. I've been running RedHat6.2 and its pgSQL 6.5xx, PHP3.0 counterparts
for 10
months, not having time to upgrade and being afraid to upgrade due to
"regular problems" that go along.

2. I am thinking about Debian (my preferred option - good/easy for
"automatic" WEB upgrades) or
Mandrake or Suse/professional (best ranking in some PC magazines).
Strange: The rankings (No 1 Mandrake, No 2 Suse) did not test Debian -
accidentally or deliberately?

3. RedHat 7xx has been characterised - unstable!!!

Any "objective" Pros/Cons for Linux type/version in terms of pgSQL use -

my order of preferences Debian, Mandrake, Suse, RedHat.

Much obliged,

Steven.

Steven Vajdic (BSc/Hon, MSc)
Senior Software Engineer
Motorola Australia Software Centre (MASC)
2 Second Avenue, Technology Park
Adelaide, South Australia  5095

WORK email:  Steven.Vajdic@motorola.com
WORK email:  svajdic@asc.corp.mot.com