Re: [GENERAL] Re: MySQLs Describe emulator! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Boulat Khakimov
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: MySQLs Describe emulator!
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Re: MySQLs Describe emulator!  (Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>)
Re: [GENERAL] Re: MySQLs Describe emulator!  (Michelle Murrain <mpm@norwottuck.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Karel Zak wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:14:54AM -0500, Boulat Khakimov wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:

> > > Er, what's wrong with psql's "\d table" ?
> >
> > 2) as a programmer I need to be able to find out as much info as
> > possible about any given field
> >    which is what "describe" for in mySQL.
>
>  As a programmer you can see psql source and directly found how SQL
> query execute this tool. The PostgreSQL needn't non-standard statements
> like MySQL's SHOW, DESC -- the postgreSQL has system catalogs.
>
>                 Karel

Agreed! Why make someones life easier??
Let's complicate things as much as possible that way it's more
fun,right? ;o)

Dont understand how this works?  No problem -- just read the source
code.
Dont understand how to get that to work? Not a problem -- read the
source code!

The only problem tho, the source codes tend to be thousands of lines
when it comes
to DBs and time is ...

Regards,
Boulat Khakimov