RE: Connecting to PostgreSQL databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert D. Nelson
Subject RE: Connecting to PostgreSQL databases
Date
List pgsql-general
>postgreSQL documatation but can not find anything about this. The only
>thing mentioned is that it is possible to run pgaccess on Win98 and
>Win2000,
>but it does not mention how this is done. Can somebody help me to find
>some docu about this or any suggestion(s) are welcome.

You need to copy over the pgaccess tree from unix to windows and make a
shortcut on your desktop to main.tcl. (for me c:\pgaccess\main.tcl) Then you
have to find and install the appropriate dll's for your version of postgres
(there are 6.4, 6.5, and 7.0 dll's, I think). Rename them by taking off the
version number (so you get libpgtcl.dll and libpq.dll) and stick them in
your c:\windows\system directory. Oh, and of course, install Tcl/Tk (I only
had success with v8.01, altho they have much newer versions, and you have to
dig to find the older versions. Again, it works now, so I'm not gonna bother
to see why the others didn't, if it was my fault or theirs). After that, you
should be ok. If you need more help (such as the appropriate files, if you
can't find them) email me off the list and we'll work through your setup.

Rob Nelson
rdnelson@co.centre.pa.us