Re: PHP Install with Postgres support. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: PHP Install with Postgres support.
Date
List pgsql-general
Stuart Grimshaw wrote:

> I know that this isn't strictly Postgres, but it is "generally" :-)

> I'm trying to install PHP with Postgres support, and it falls over because
> it can't find libpq-fe.so

> What is this file, I assume I need to rebuild Postgres with some option or
> other enabled (My install is from the V7 RPM's at the moment).

PHP RPM's are available for RedHat 6.2 that should work with the V7
RPMs.  Barring that, you can set the PHP stuff up to look in
/usr/include/pgsql for its headers, set the library search path to look
in /usr/lib, and note that the database is in /var/lib/pgsql/data.

Of course, if you prefer installing from source....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio