Query time is too long for netscape - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chairudin Sentosa Harjo
Subject Query time is too long for netscape
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am using Postgresql 6.5.2 on SuSE 6.2, Pentium III 500, 128 MB RAM.

I have a database with 2 tables.
Table Detail has 500,000 records.
Table Customer has 1,000 records.
Both table has customer_number field.

The query looks like this:
select a.custnum, b.fullname, b.address, a.usages from
Detail a, Customer b
where a.custnum=b.custnum;

I wrote a CGI script with Pg module.
When I click 'submit' button on netscape, the postgresql starts
selecting. (I can see from 'ps aux').
However, after a few minutes, Netscape will say 'no data',
while postgresql is still selecting.

How do I overcome this problem?
How can I tell netscape not to expire the time, and keep waiting until
the data is sent to netscape?
I want netscape to wait for my data, no matter how long it takes to
'select'.

Is there a way to tell netscape, or do I have to change my script?

If I run from psql prompt, the query takes about 12 ~ 15 minutes to
finish.

Regards,
Chai