Re: [GENERAL] max(oid) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [GENERAL] max(oid)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > We need also aggregates for data type TIME
> >     MAX(time)
> >     MIN(time)
> Thomas, do you think this could be done?

Sure. I'm really stacked up on the ToDo list for 7.0, but it would
only take a couple of hours end to end to get this done (probably less
actually).

A related topic: we should discuss having a real "time with timezone"
type for SQL92 compatibility. It is completely useless imho, since the
SQL92 definition of time zone is so brain damaged (only a constant
hour offset, no concept of daylight savings time, no date context
associated with a time field, etc etc etc). Currently, we swallow the
"with time zone" without comment...

                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California