Re: [HACKERS] Regression Testing on REL6_5_PATCHES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Regression Testing on REL6_5_PATCHES
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I've been around this project for a year and a half now, and we've
> heard complaints like this at each of the three DST transitions that
> I remember.  (I sent in some alarmed reports myself, first time I
> saw it.)  I've tried to interest Thomas in DST-proofing the regress
> tests, but he doesn't seem to think it's worth fixing.

Hmm. I'm probably pretty unimaginative, but when the test is
 select datetime 'tomorrow' - datetime 'today';

it is pretty hard to make this "DST proof". The alternative was to not
test this case at all, which I definitely was *not* interested in.

Ideas? At least with the test as-is, I get nice fan mail twice a year
;)
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California