Re: [INTERFACES] Trying to find a PostgreSQL interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Trying to find a PostgreSQL interface
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

You may also try Zope (http://www.zope.org)

> IMHO, PHP is plenty powerful enough.  Development time is
> fabulously quick.  The only possible issue might be execution speed.
> Not that PHP is slow, but it can't beat a C CGI.

AFAIK you can save the CGI startup costs as PHP is loaded as a module in
Apache. If it has persistent database connections (like Zope) then you
also
save the DB connection setup and so it can easyly beat C CGI on anything
but most compute-intensive tasks.

-----
Hannu