Re: increasing database connections - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: increasing database connections
Date
Re: increasing database connections  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-performance
On 3/1/07, Shiva Sarna <shivasarna@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I am sorry if it is a repeat question but I want to know if database
> performance will decrease if I increase the max-connections to 2000. At
> present it is 100.

Most certainly.  Adding connections over 200 will degrade performance
dramatically.  You should look into pgpool or connection pooling from
the application.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301