Re: [HACKERS] AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
Date
Re: [HACKERS] AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I checked latest cvs and notice when I do 'vacuum analyze'
> I got:
>
> flats=> vacuum analyze;
> NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
> NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
>
> 23:09[om]:~/mian/flats/sql>psql flats
> Connection to database 'flats' failed.

I see a small problem in running VACUUM ANALYZE on the regression
database which involves an entry in pg_operator left over from the
char16 datatype. If the line containing "1004" is removed and the system
is "make clean install; initdb"'d then vacuum completes successfully on
that database.

Can you try this test on the regression database (after removing that
line from pg_operator)?

make runtest
psql regression
regression=> vacuum analyze;

If that succeeds for you, then you will need to describe your test
scenerio in more detail. If it fails, then perhaps try backing-off of
your bleeding-edge compiler and kernel (maybe start by compiling -m486
instead of -mpentium). btw, I'm running Linux kernel 2.0.30, gcc 2.7.2.1
from RH4.2...

Regards.

                       - Tom