AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I checked latest cvs and notice when I do 'vacuum analyze'
I got:

flats=> vacuum analyze;
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

23:09[om]:~/mian/flats/sql>psql flats
Connection to database 'flats' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database 'flats' does not exist.
        We know this because the directory '/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/flats' does not exist.
        You can create a database with the SQL command CREATE DATABASE.
        To see what databases exist, look at the subdirectories of '/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/'.

23:09[om]:~/mian/flats/sql>psql -l
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

23:10[om]:~/mian/flats/sql>psg post
  431  p4 S    0:00 rlogin om -l postgres
 6201  ?  S    0:00 postmaster -i -B 1024 -S -D/usr/local/pgsql/data/ -o -Fe

Does this is a known problem ? I'm running linux 2.1.117, egcs 1.1.b,
pgsql was compiled with -O2 -mpentium options and  --enable-locale.

After restoring database I tried again 'vacuum analyze' and it
produces the same result but I was able to do psql flats.
Nothing could do there though - on any commands I got
flats=> \dt
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
flats=> \q

Restarting postmaster helps a little bit, but after several operations
I got
flats=> \d work_flats
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

    Regards,

        Oleg

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83