Re: [HACKERS] Exception in select IN with index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Keith Parks
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Exception in select IN with index
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas A. Szybist <szybist@boxhill.com>

> In message <199809121356.OAA21197@mtcc.demon.co.uk>, Keith Parks writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone else reproduce this problem?
> > (Maybe a signal handling problem on S/Linux??)
> >
> > Using the regression database...
> >
> > Keith.
<snip>
> > regression=> create index p_age_idx on person (age);
> > CREATE
> > regression=> select * from person where age in (38,68);
> > ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
> > exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
<snip>

> Sorry Keith, It works on my Sparc 20 running S/Linux.  I'm using a cvs copy
> from sometime on Sept 10.  It also works on my solaris 2.6 box (ultra 30).

Thanks Tom,

Panic over, I've just upgraded my kernel to 2.0.35 and that seems to have
fixed it. I remembered that there was a math emulation (or lack of)
problem in S/Linux that was fixed in the newer ones.

Thanks for the response,
Keith.