postgreSQL 6.4 patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Billy G. Allie
Subject postgreSQL 6.4 patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here are some additional patches needed to get the UnixWare 7 C++ compiler to
attempt to compile libpq++.  The patches address the following problems:

1.  In my first pass at changing the libpq++ makefile, I forgot to include the
    PORTNAME in the Makefile.in file.

2.  The UnixWare 7 C++ compiler did not like the '-K alloca' option in
CXXFLAGS.
    Unfortunately, the '-K alloca' option is needed in CFLAGS (from which
    CXXFLAGS is dereived).  My solution was to redefine the COMPILE.cc macro
    for the unixware (and univel) port when the compiler is not g++ so that the
    '-K alloca' option is removed.

3.  The '-Xa' and '-v' options were removed from the CFLAGS entry in the
    unixware template.  The '-Xa' option is a default and was not compatable
    with the C++ compiler.  The '-v' option turns on verbose mode in the
    compiler and (IMHO) should not be in CFLAGS by default.

The good news is that the C++ compiler will execute correctly when (g)make
runs.

The bad news is that the C++ compiler is unable to compile the source because
it does not have a full implementation of 'string'.  As the problem is related
to the compiler and not the implementation of libpq++, I will not (at this
time) continue trying to compile libpq++ on UnixWare.  If libpq++ is needed,
then postgreSQL for UnixWare will have to be compiled with gcc/g++.

____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
|/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

Attachment