Re: [HACKERS] Regression test status (was type coersion) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Regression test status (was type coersion)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > ... all of the
> > regression tests pass, except for the select_view test, which has
> > been core dumping for weeks. Anyone else seeing that?
> I ... ran the regression
> tests for the first time in a long time.  select_views works fine for
> me, but there are several other tests that look badly broken:
> I'm on HP-UX 9.03, PA-RISC 1.1, gcc 2.7.2.2 if that helps.

Hmm. I'm on Linux-libc5, i686, gcc 2.7.2.1, and select_views is still
core dumping:

QUERY: SELECT * FROM toyemp WHERE name = 'sharon';

> --- results/select_implicit.out Sat Aug 15 13:44:16 1998
> --- results/select_having.out   Sat Aug 15 13:44:16 1998

These two pass on my machine. Your select_having result looks similar to
the sorting results back when the in-memory/on-disk sorting routines
were broken; some identical values are not getting grouped together
while others are.

> --- results/random.out  Sat Aug 15 13:44:19 1998
>   QUERY: SELECT count(*) FROM onek where oidrand(onek.oid, 10);
> ! ERROR:  can't look up operator 713

Ah. I am getting failures on this too but didn't actually look at why,
just assuming that the randomizer was doing better nowadays. This is
probably related to something I, or possibly Bruce or David, had done.
If you change the query to

  SELECT count(*) FROM onek where oidrand(onek.oid, 10) = TRUE;

then it works. I'll look at it. Darn, I had just stripped out the
debugging stuff in the code before submitting it, since leaving it
hanging around was annoying Bruce (with good reason btw).

                     - Tom