Re: [HACKERS] Regression test status (was type coersion) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Regression test status (was type coersion)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > --- results/random.out  Sat Aug 15 13:44:19 1998
> >   QUERY: SELECT count(*) FROM onek where oidrand(onek.oid, 10);
> > ! ERROR:  can't look up operator 713
> Ah. I am getting failures on this too but didn't actually look at why,
> just assuming that the randomizer was doing better nowadays. This is
> probably related to something I, or possibly Bruce or David, had done.

OK, I just committed patches which fixes this problem. The index
strategy code used to just check for an available operator, but I had
changed it to try an alternate strategy by looking for the same operator
with different types. But the same code gets executed even if the
restriction clause is just a function returning a boolean, with no
operator involved at all.

I now allow the operator name lookup to return a null pointer if an
alternate does not exist, and then the code stops looking for
alternatives.

So now the "random" test still fails, but in a good way with the
expected results...

                      - Tom