Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance??? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???
Date
Re: [SQL] OFFSET impact on Performance???
List pgsql-performance
The problem with this approach is TTFB (Time to first Byte).  The
initial query is very slow, but additional requests are fast.  In most
situations we do not want the user to have to wait a disproportionate
amount of time for the initial query.  If this is the first time using
the system this will be the impression that will stick with them.  I
guess we could experiment and see how much extra time creating a cache
table will take...

Alex Turner
NetEconomist