Re: SQL Performance Guidelines - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Van Ingen, Lane
Subject Re: SQL Performance Guidelines
Date
List pgsql-performance
Clarification: I am talking about SQL coding practices in Postgres (how to write queries for best
results), not  tuning-related considerations (although that would be welcomed too).

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Van Ingen, Lane
Sent: Wed 1/26/2005 11:44 AM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [PERFORM] SQL Performance Guidelines

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on some guidelines to get best SQL performance
out of PostgreSQL? We are about to get into a project that will be new from the ground up (and\we are using Postgres
forthe first time). Would like to share some guidelines with developers on best practices

in Postgres? Thanks for your help.