Re: Why is it not using the other processor? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why is it not using the other processor?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ryan Mahoney <ryan@paymentalliance.net> writes:
> Re: killing a process from browser, I don't think what you're trying to do
> is really possible.

If the client-side code were programmed to send a Cancel request to the
backend when the user loses interest, then the right things would
happen.  I am not sure how practical that is though; does the web server
even find out about it when the user presses Stop in a typical browser?
(If not, you can hardly expect Postgres to somehow intuit what happened
two protocols away ;-).)

            regards, tom lane