Re: regression test for extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: regression test for extended query protocol
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think it would be an interesting project for someone to try to
> figure out how to make 'make check-extended-query-protocol' or similar
> work.

Seems like it would not be that hard to put some kind of option in psql
to issue queries with PQexecParams not plain PQexec.  However, since
that wouldn't exercise sending out-of-line parameters, it's not clear
to me that it'd be a very interesting test.

I still suspect that doing this in core is mostly going to be duplicative
effort, and we'd be better off making use of existing JDBC tests.