Re: [HACKERS] Cached plans and statement generalization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Konstantin Knizhnik
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Cached plans and statement generalization
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 08.07.2019 2:23, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 3:29 AM Konstantin Knizhnik
> <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> Attached please find rebased version of the patch.
>> Also this version can be found in autoprepare branch of this repository
>> https://github.com/postgrespro/postgresql.builtin_pool.git
>> on github.
> Thanks.  I haven't looked at the code but this seems like interesting
> work and I hope it will get some review.  I guess this is bound to use
> a lot of memory.  I guess we'd eventually want to figure out how to
> share the autoprepared plan cache between sessions, which is obviously
> a whole can of worms.
>
> A couple of trivial comments with my CF manager hat on:
>
> 1.  Can you please fix the documentation?  It doesn't build.
> Obviously reviewing the goals, design and implementation are more
> important than the documentation at this point, but if that is fixed
> then the CF bot will be able to run check-world every day and we might
> learn something about the code.
> 2.  Accidental editor junk included:  src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat.~1~

Sorry, are you tests autoprepare-16.patch I have sent in the last e-mail?
I can not reproduce the problem with building documentation:

knizhnik@xps:~/postgresql/doc$ make
make -C ../src/backend generated-headers
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/src/backend'
make -C catalog distprep generated-header-symlinks
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/src/backend/catalog'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'distprep'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'generated-header-symlinks'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/src/backend/catalog'
make -C utils distprep generated-header-symlinks
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/src/backend/utils'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'distprep'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'generated-header-symlinks'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/src/backend/utils'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/src/backend'
make -C src all
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/doc/src'
make -C sgml all
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/doc/src/sgml'
/usr/bin/xmllint --path . --noout --valid postgres.sgml
/usr/bin/xsltproc --path . --stringparam pg.version '12devel'
stylesheet.xsl postgres.sgml
cp ./stylesheet.css html/
touch html-stamp
/usr/bin/xmllint --path . --noout --valid postgres.sgml
/usr/bin/xsltproc --path . --stringparam pg.version '12devel'
stylesheet-man.xsl postgres.sgml
touch man-stamp
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/doc/src/sgml'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/knizhnik/postgresql/doc/src'

Also autoporepare-16.patch doesn't include any junk

src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat.~1~