Re: Declared but no defined functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Declared but no defined functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> writes:
> Do we wish to make this a tool and have it in src/tools, either as part of
> find_static tool after renaming that one to more generic name or
> independent script.

Well, the scripts described so far are little more than jury-rigged
hacks, with lots of room for false positives *and* false negatives.
I wouldn't want to institutionalize any of them as the right way to
check for such problems.  If somebody made the effort to create a
tool that was actually trustworthy, perhaps that'd be a different
story.

(Personally I was wondering whether pgindent could be hacked up to
emit things it thought were declarations of function names.  I'm
not sure that I'd trust that 100% either, but at least it would have
a better shot than the grep hacks we've discussed so far.  Note in
particular that pgindent would see things inside #ifdef blocks,
whether or not your local build ever sees those declarations.)