Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests
Date
Re: Making background psql nicer to use in tap tests  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I've been doing some checking with perlbrew locally.  It appears to not
> be about IO::Pty so much as IPC::Run: it works with IPC::Run 0.99 but
> not 0.79.  Still bisecting to identify exactly what's the minimum
> okay version.

The answer is: it works with IPC::Run >= 0.98.  The version of IO::Pty
doesn't appear significant; it works at least back to 1.00 from early
2002.

IPC::Run 0.98 is relatively new (2018), so I don't think it'd fly
to make that our new minimum version across-the-board.  I recommend
just setting up this one test to SKIP if IPC::Run is too old.