Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Date
Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-Jan-21, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> Not sure about the appveyor build (it seems to be about jsonb_set_lax),

FWIW, I think I fixed jsonb_set_lax yesterday, so that problem should
be gone the next time the cfbot tries this.

>> but on travis it fails like this:
>> catcache.c:820:1: error: no previous prototype for ‘CatalogCacheFlushCatalog2’ [-Werror=missing-prototypes]

> Hmm ... travis is running -Werror?  That seems overly strict.  I think
> we shouldn't punt a patch because of that.

Why not?  We're not going to allow pushing a patch that throws warnings
on common compilers.  Or if that does happen, some committer is going
to have to spend time cleaning it up.  Better to clean it up sooner.

(There is, btw, at least one buildfarm animal using -Werror.)