Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with.
Date
List pgsql-general
At 02:08 PM 6/16/01 +0200, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:
>Hello,

> I am seeking SSL enabled driver for postgres ( running ssh tunnel
>involves installing cygwin on every client machine, hmm, maybe putty's

You might want to try stunnel. www.stunnel.org.

Works on Windows too.

And example setup:

Server
service listening on 127.0.0.1:port

stunnel server mode listening on <Server interface>:<some other port>
connecting to 127.0.0.1:port

SSL connection

stunnel client mode listening on 127.0.0.1:port2 connecting to <Server
interface>:<some other port>.

actual client connecting to 127.0.0.1:port2

Hope that helps.

I remote admin my firewalls that way. I personally don't trust SSH - took a
brief look at it a couple of years ago and got the impression that features
were slapped on, and there would be many security problems. So far I
haven't regretted my decision.

Cheerio,
Link.