ODBC, ssl, problems with. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dariusz Pietrzak
Subject ODBC, ssl, problems with.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
 I am having some problems with ODBC, namely - I can't find documentation
about it ( it  meaning ODBC driver for postgres ).
 I am seeking SSL enabled driver for postgres ( running ssh tunnel
involves installing cygwin on every client machine, hmm, maybe putty's
plink would help. Anyone using such solution ? )
 I seek more documentation about beforementioned driver because I don't
know what some of the options do and how are they usefull,
for example -
 what is row versioning?
It adds 'xmin' column to all my tables, and then Access becomes unable to
modify 'row versioned' tables because postgres complains about
incompatibility between 'xid' and 'int4' types. (xmin presumably being xid
type ).
 Show oid shows oids, but what are they usefull for? and what does 'fake
index' mean ? Show oids option is also dangerous because it adds column
before not after any columns, thus forcing changes to application
expecting something at given column.

cheers,
--
Dariusz Pietrzak