Re: pg_dump ordering problem (rc4) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: pg_dump ordering problem (rc4)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>>> This seems good to me; it should be based on the 'oid of the view', and
>>> AFAICT, the rule OID should be it. Should I do this?
>>
>>The view oid is certainly better than the base relation oid.
>>

>Since I'm in pg_dump at the moment, I'll make the change...

Having now looked at pg_dump more closely, I'm not at all sure I want to
make the change directly in pg_dump. The reason is that I am trying to move
version-specific stuff from pg_dump, and I currently get a view definition
by doing 'select pg_getviewdef(<name>)' (rather than looking up the rule etc).

Would people mind me adding a 'pg_getviewoid(<name>)' for pg_dump's use?
(especially since 7.1 now seems to be out...)

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/