Re: Web GUI for PG table ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Neuner
Subject Re: Web GUI for PG table ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 10:56:21 -0400, David Gauthier
<davegauthierpg@gmail.com> wrote:

>Many good visualization options but I need one that runs on the web AND
>allows insert/update/delete records.

Most browser GUI toolkits have some kind of spreadsheet-like "grid"
widget that allows editing the displayed data.  Some frameworks also
have "database" access widgets that can connect to the DBMS and
execute queries there without needing additional middleware on the
server.

But understand that there likely will be some significant Javascript
(or compatible) programming on the frontend to make it work as you
desire.

I've dabbled a bit in frontend web programming and found it to be a
PITA ... I much prefer the server side.  I've done a fair amount of
complex desktop GUI programming over 20+ years (on Macintosh and on
Windows, some of it before the introduction of the GUI frameworks),
and personally I find browser application development to be quite
unfriendly. YMMV.

If you want to go the web route and you don't already have someone
that is pretty well versed in frontend web coding, you might want to
hire a professional.

George