Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randal T. Rioux
Subject Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, September 6, 2008 7:05 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Randal T. Rioux" <randy@procyonlabs.com> writes:
>> checking checking blah blah <snipped>.... checking test program...
>> failed configure: error: Could not execute a simple test program.  This
>> may be a problem related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file
>> 'config.log' for the exact reason.
>
>> The most glaring error in config.log shows this:
>
> You're looking at the wrong thing --- library-not-found errors are
> completely expected in config.log, because it has to find out what
> libraries are present.  The actual failure is down here:
>
> configure:19839: checking test program configure:19854: gcc -o conftest
> -m64 -mcpu=ultrasparc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
>  -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing
> -fwrapv -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
> -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib/sparcv9  conftest.c -lssl -lcrypto
> -lz -lrt -lsocket -lm
>> &5
> configure:19857: $? = 0 configure:19859: ./conftest ld.so.1: conftest:
> fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory ./configure:
> line 19860: 20583 Killed ./conftest$ac_exeext configure:19862: $? = 137
> configure: program exited with status 137

Nice catch - but I can't tell which file open failed?

> Since you say this doesn't happen when SSL support isn't requested, I
> suppose that the problem has to do with libssl.so attempting to reference
> libgcc_s.so.  Beyond that, hard to say, but I bet there is an rpath
> problem at the bottom of it.

Could it be trying to hit the stock OpenSSL libs installed with Solaris,
instead of my 64-bit version? I thought the LDFLAGS would have prevented
that.

Thanks!
Randy