Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-general
"Randal T. Rioux" <randy@procyonlabs.com> writes:
> On Sat, September 6, 2008 7:05 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> configure:19857: $? = 0 configure:19859: ./conftest ld.so.1: conftest:
>> fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory ./configure:
>> line 19860: 20583 Killed ./conftest$ac_exeext configure:19862: $? = 137
>> configure: program exited with status 137

> Nice catch - but I can't tell which file open failed?

It looks pretty clear to me that libgcc_s.so.1 was the file that
couldn't be found.  One question is exactly where that lives on your
machine.  Presumably it exists someplace, else the build of OpenSSL
should've failed.

>> Since you say this doesn't happen when SSL support isn't requested, I
>> suppose that the problem has to do with libssl.so attempting to reference
>> libgcc_s.so.  Beyond that, hard to say, but I bet there is an rpath
>> problem at the bottom of it.

> Could it be trying to hit the stock OpenSSL libs installed with Solaris,
> instead of my 64-bit version? I thought the LDFLAGS would have prevented
> that.

I'm not a Solaris user, but I'd be kinda surprised if Solaris' own
libraries were built with gcc --- Sun has their own compiler no?
I think it's finding your custom libssl just fine but the subsequent
requirement of libgcc_s is somehow not working.  ldd or local equivalent
might help debug this.

            regards, tom lane