Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-general
"Randal T. Rioux" <randy@procyonlabs.com> writes:
> checking checking blah blah <snipped>....
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
> related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
> for the exact reason.

> The most glaring error in config.log shows this:

You're looking at the wrong thing --- library-not-found errors are
completely expected in config.log, because it has to find out what
libraries are present.  The actual failure is down here:

configure:19839: checking test program
configure:19854: gcc -o conftest -m64 -mcpu=ultrasparc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wdeclaration-after-statement-Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
-R/usr/local/ssl/lib-R/usr/sfw/lib/sparcv9  conftest.c -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lrt -lsocket -lm  >&5
configure:19857: $? = 0
configure:19859: ./conftest
ld.so.1: conftest: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
./configure: line 19860: 20583 Killed                  ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:19862: $? = 137
configure: program exited with status 137

Since you say this doesn't happen when SSL support isn't requested,
I suppose that the problem has to do with libssl.so attempting to
reference libgcc_s.so.  Beyond that, hard to say, but I bet there
is an rpath problem at the bottom of it.

            regards, tom lane